Are you planning about Nepal visit in May? That’s your best decision to spend a perfect summer holiday in Nepal. May is one of the perfect month to visit in Nepal. You will get a cool weather condition about 25 to 35 degree Celsius temperature with the possibility of the rainfall at night. This weather condition is perfect to view the sunrise and sunset from the Nepal’s hill tops. One can explore the clear view of mountain ranges in the northern part of Nepal.
Tour places for your Nepal visit in May:
- Kathmandu (Several heritage sites are the main attraction of Kathmandu valley. In the time of May, you can see the great view of these heritage sites. People who are interested in photography can visit in May to capture the great photos of Nepalese heritage sites.)
- Pokhara (Pokhara offers you the great sunrise view, mountain views, clean environment, leisure, sightseeing point and several adventure activities. The month of May is one of the perfect time for all those experiences.)
- Chitwan (Chitwan is a well known destination among wildlife lovers. The UNESCO listed national park serves Jungle safari activities, Elephant and Crocodile breeding centers, traditional Canoe ride, jungle walk, bird watching and cultural environment of Tharu communities.)
- Lumbini (The birth place of Lord Buddha is the living reflection of Buddhism. The place offers an ancient heritage of Siddharth Gautam. Mayadevi temple, Ashok Pillar, Several stupas and monasteries are the major attraction of Lumbini.)
- Bandipur/Nagarkot/Dhulikhel (These are the popular hill stations in Nepal to visit in the month of May. You can experience the village life, great sunrise and sunset view, local culture and tradition and mountain ranges view from the top of view point.)
- Jomsom/Muktinath (Jomsom is the gateway of Muktinath and Upper Mustang. May is the best time to reach in the Mustang by drive or by flight. Hindu pilgrims visit at Muktinath temple to perform Puja and take holy bath at the 108 taps. For leisure visitor Marpha, Jomsom, Kagbeni, Muktinath and Upper Mustang could be the points of attractions.)
Besides the tours and travel, travelers can do several adventurous activities in May. The month is also a perfect time to do these day tour activities. Mount Everest flight in Nepal is one of them. People can experience the white water rafting in Nepal fast flowing rivers, like Trishuli, Bhotekoshi, Seti and others. Paragliding, Ultralight Flight, Canyoning, Bungee Jump and Zip – Flyer are some other day tour activities which people can experience in Pokhara, Nepal.
Adventure Activities for your Nepal visit in May:
- Mount Everest Flight (An one hour flight will take you to the great ranges of the Himalaya. You can explore the Mount Everest from the cockpit of your flight. Several other tallest peaks also will be discover during the flight.)
- Rafting (May is the best month to experience the river rafting in Nepal. Thousands of domestic travelers also visit for rafting. Trishuli, Bhotekoshi and Seti rivers are the popular destination for this activity.)
- Paragliding (It’s another popular thing to do in Pokhara. Paragliding during the open blue sky won’t only gives you the thrill of flying, also provides the view of the Annapurna mountain range, Fewa Lake, green forest and villages around Pokhara valley.)
- Bungee/Ultralight/Canyoning/Zip-Flyer (People can explore these activities in Pokhara. Bungee and Canyoning are also available in Bhotekoshi, at the last resort.)
- Helicopters Tours (Several helicopter companies are serving schedule as well as chartered flights to Everest Base Camp, Annapurna Base Camp and Gosaikunda.)
Trekking and Mountaineering is another adventurous thing which people can discover during their Nepal visit in May. The weather condition of May totally supports to these activities. Some day and overnight hiking are also preferable things to do in May.
Suggested Trekking Routes for your Nepal visit in May:
- Everest Base Camp (The Everest base camp trek is one of the world popular trek routes of Nepal. It requires minimum 10 days to complete this trek in short duration. The base camp trek offers some additional trek days along with 3 other passes trekking. Trekking starts from Lukla, but the trekkers should need to take the flight from Kathmandu to Lukla.)
- Annapurna Base Camp (Annapurna base camp trek is a moderate trek in Annapurna region. People can explore the village lifestyle, culture and tradition of people from this region.)
- Manang/Mustang (Several short and long trek rotes located in this region. Annapurna circuit trek, Tilicho trek, Nar Phu Valley Trek, Upper Mustang trek are some of them. People will feel different lifestyle, way of living and culture in this region.)
- Langtang (Langtang valley trek is the nearest trek route from Kathmandu. Gosaikunda trek also lies within Langtang wildlife reserve.Langtang mountain range, Tamang culture and lifestyle are the major attraction of this trek.)
In conclusion, May is one of the best time to visit in Nepal for your leisure, pilgrimage and adventure holiday. Holidays to Nepal has some suggested tour packages for your Nepal visit in May: